History Of Cloud – Computing : – The term ” Cloud ” is used as representatives of the Internet and other Communication systems as well as an abstraction of the underlying infrastructures involved. meanwhile, Google had become a key player in the internet commerce marketplace. In 2006 the company launched its Google Docs services, which brought the power of cloud computing and document sharing directly to end users.
Cloud – Computing : – Cloud – Computing is a general term for the delivery of hosted services over the Internet. Cloud – Computing enables companies to consume a compute resource such as virtual machine ( UMs), Cloud computing services can be private and public or Hybrid. Private Cloud services are delivered from a business data centre to internal users. Internal users may or may meet be billed for services through IT chargeback. In the Public Cloud Model, third provides delivers the cloud services over the internet. Public Cloud services are sold on demand, typically by the minute or hour leading Public Cloud provides includes Amazon, Web Services, (AWS), and Google Compute Engine.
Hybrid cloud is a combination of Public Cloud Services and on premises private cloud with or chest ration and automation the two , the goal of hybrid clouds is to create a unified, automated scalable environment that takes advantage of all that a public could infrastructure can provide, which still maintaining control over – mission critical data cloud – computing services categories.
– Although Cloud – Computing has changed over time it has been divided into three broad services categories : –
Infrastructure as a services ( Iaas), platform as a service (Paas) and software as a service ( Saas ).
IaaS providers, such as AWS, supply a virtual server instance and storage, as well as application programs interfaces (APIs) that lets users migrate that lets users migrate workloads to a virtual machine users have an allocated storage capacity and can start, stop, access and configure the UM and storage as desired. In the PaaS model, providers host development tools over the internet using APIs, web portals or gateway software.
PaaS is used for general software development and many PaaS providers will host the software development and many PaaS providers Will host the software after its developed.
SaaS is a distribution model deliver software applications over the internet. These applications are after called Web – services.
Cloud – Computing Security : – Security remains a primary concern for businesses contemplating cloud adoption. Public cloud provides share their underlying hardware infrastructure between numerous customers, as public – Cloud is a multi – tenant environment. The idea of cloud computing is based on the fundamental principle of reusability of IT capabilities. Cloud computing is a computing paradigm, where a large pool of system are connected in private or public networks, which provides dynamically scalable infrastructure for application, data and file storage.
Advantages Of Cloud Computing : –
The following are some of the possible advantages of cloud computing :
1) Flexibility – There is a high rate of flexibility when using cloud computing because people can opt out of using it whenever they want too. One of the major benefit of cloud computing is that there is no limitation of place and medium. We can access our applications and data anywhere in the world, or any system, These are the main reasons, which attract people to use this method.
2) Speed & Scales : – Traditional methods to buy and configure hardware and software are time consuming. There is no need to purchase and setup hardware manually when using the cloud computing method. Cloud computing provides a rapid deployment model that enables applications to grow quickly to match increasing usage requirements. Depending upon their needs the user can quickly scale up or scale down.
3) Increased Storage Capacity : – Increased Storage Capacity is another benefit of the cloud computing, as it can store more data as compared to a personal computer. So it saves us from the upgrading computer memory that helps reduce the cost for companies and users.
4) Easy to Learn and Understand : – Thus allowing you to save hundreds and thousands of dollars in implementing any new system and makings arrangements for training on the same. Since people are quiet used to cloud applications like G Mail, Google Docs, so anything related to the same is likely to be understood by the users.
5) Flexibility : – There is a high rate of flexibility when using computing because people can opt out of using it whenever they want too. One of the major benefit of cloud computing is that there is no limitation of place and medium. We can access our applications and data anywhere in the world, or any system. These are the main reasons, which attract people to use this method.
6) Low Cost : – Companies can save big by employing cloud computing as it eliminates cost for hardware and software. It is cheaper way to maintain the software and it will save time, as the developers keep track of updates and maintain your programs while you use it.
7) Automatic Updating : – It saves companies time and effort to update multiples server. On the other hand, it also helps the users to download updates for the software. Once the server gets updated the users can get the updates without doing anything.
8) Customize Setting : – Cloud computing also allows you to customize your business applications. This is a great benefit because the world of online business is very competitive.
Despite these benefits, the cloud security alliance has identified several barriers hold back cloud adoption. At 73 % of companies, the security of data is the top concern holding back cloud projects. That’s followed by concern about regulatory compliance (38%), loss of control over IT services (38%).and knowledge and experience of both It and business managers (34%)
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing : –
1) No Longer in control : – When moving services to the cloud, you are handing over your data and information. For companies you have an in – house IT staff, they will be unable to handle issues on their own. However, Stratosphere Networks has a 24/7 live help desk that can rectify any problems immediately.
2)No Redundancy : – A Cloud Server is not redundant nor is it backed up. As technology may fail here and there, avoid getting burned by purchasing a redundancy plan. Although it is an extra cost, in most cases it will be well worth it.
3) Bandwidth issues : – For ideal performance, clients have to plan accordingly and not pack large amount of servers and storage devices into a small set of data centers.
4) Doesn’t mean you should do away with servers : – You may have fewer servers to handle which means less for your IT staff to handle, but that doesn’t mean you can let go of all your servers and staff. While it may seem costly to have data centers and a cloud infrastructure, redundancy is key for backup and recovery.
5) May not get all the features : – Not all cloud services are the same. Same cloud providers tend to offer limited versions and enable the most popular features or customization you want. Before signing up, make sure you know what your cloud service providers offer.
Importance Of Cloud – Computing : – The expression ” being in the clouds ” bring us comfort and a sense of superiority. Cloud – Computing – Cloud hosting – is moving increasingly to a destination with no return: the consolidation as an essential tool for the future existence of the internet world. ” The Cloud will be more important than the Internet.” In a few years, cloud computing will be essential for the continuity of the Internet itself as a whole. The need for physical space, high energy costs and especially the ideology that we can have a better economy and technological harnessing idle resources to work with, will – and already do – that cloud computing is a global reality.
Conclusion : – In short, Cloud computing has many benefits, but it also has different issues that could be raised. When stored in big datacenter around the world, the data could become a target for hackers attacked or be misused by cloud computer providers’ employees. Moreover, stored in different locations, the data could be under other laws that their owners are not familiar. In addition, professionals involved with cloud computing does not become a service where just a few users can use it. No different from any new technology in a capitalist world, cloud computing was first commercialized and then its pros and cons were taken into consideration. Cloud computing is changing the way IT departments buy IT. Businesses have a range of paths to a cloud, including infrastructure, platforms and applications that are available from cloud providers as online services. Many people may be confused by the range of offerings and the terminology used to describe them and will be unsure of the risks and benefits.
Neha Khatri (Advocate)
(DELHI HIGH COURT)
Master of Law (LL.M.)
UNIVERSITY OF PETROLEUM AND ENERGY